Description[edit | edit source]
- Weight: 7.94 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Length: 34.6 in (88 cm)
- Barrel Length: 16.3 in (41.5 cm)
- Cartridge: 7.62x39mm
- Action: Gas-operated, rotating bolt
- Rate of Fire: 600 rounds/min
- Muzzle Velocity: 2,346 ft/s (715 m/s)
- Effective Range: 400 m
- Maximum Range: 1000 m
- Feed System: 30-round detachable box magazine
- Sights: Rear slide notch on sliding tangent, front post
Uses[edit | edit source]
The AKM was designed to improve upon the legendary AK-47, reducing the weight of the weapon by 2.2 lbs (1 kg) & maintaining the AK's legendary reliability. The Type 68 is a Korean variant of the third-pattern AKM, with no anti-bounce device.
Test[edit | edit source]
This weapon was tested against the M4 Carbine in eliminating six targets inside a command post. Although both rifles completed the test in 30s, the Type 68 used only 13 shots while the M4 used all 30 shots. The edge was given to the Type 68 for its greater stopping power.