- Weight: 10.5 kg (23.15 lbs)
- Length: 110.5 cm (43.5 inches)
- Barrel Length: 56 cm (22 inches)
- Cartridge: 7.62x51mm NATO
- Action: Gas-operated, open bolt
- Rate of Fire: 500-600 rounds/minute
- Muzzle Velocity: 2800 ft/s (853 m/s)
- Effective Range: 1,200 yds (1,100 m)
- Feed System: Disintegrated belt with M13 Links
Introduced in 1957, the M60 has seen service in all branches of the US military, although it has been largely (though not entirely) replaced by the M240. It has seen combat in every US conflict since the Vietnam War and is used by a number of American allies.
In the showEdit
In the episode, the M60 was tested against the PKM Machine Gun used by the Somali Pirates. The PKM was given the edge, due to it jamming less than the M60. The M60 has a 40-100 reliability (Jams after firing 40 rounds according to test).