- 5.9 lbs empty
- 6.9 lbs with 30 rounds
- 33 in (838mm) with stock extended
- 29.8 in (257mm) with stock retracted
- Barrel Length: 14.5 in
- Cartridge: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
- Rate of Fire: 700-950 rounds/min
- Muzzle Velocity: 2900 ft/sec
- Effective Range: 550 yds
- Feed System: 30-round box magazine.
The M4 is the carbine version of the M16 assault rifle. It is especially favored by counter-terrorist and special forces units for close quarters combat because of its compactness and firepower. These features also make it useful for urban warfare. The M4 can be set to semi-automatic or three-round burst, while the M4A1 has the ability to go fully automatic.
In Green Beret vs SpetsnazEdit
The AK74 and M4 were determined to be equal as the users shot all the targets, ending this test as a tie.
The Type 68 was tested against the M4 Carbine in eliminating six targets inside a command post. Although both rifles completed the test in 30s, the Type 68 used only 13 shots while the M4 used all 30 shots. The edge was given to the Type 68 for its greater stopping power.