The Heckler and Koch G3SG/1 is a modified version of the H&K G3 Battle Rifle used as a sniper weapon. It was one of the Long-Range weapons for the IRA in the Back for Blood Special.
- Weight: 12.2 lbs
- Length: 40.4 inches
- Cartridge: 7.62x51mm NATO
- Action: Semi-automatic
- Rate of Fire: 500-600 rounds/min
- Muzzle Velocity: 2,625 ft/s
- Effective Range: 750 yds
- Mag: 20-round detachable box magazine
The SG/1 (scharfschützengewehr, "sharpshooting rifle) variant is modified from the G3 battle rifle. The rifles are individually selected from the production line for their accuracy and are then further modified and fitted with the Zeiss 1.5-6x variable power scope. Although primarily intended for sharpshooting purposes, it still has the ability to be fired fully auto.
In Back For Blood Special, this weapon was paired against the Spetsnaz Dragunov Sniper Rifle. While both weapons had high kill ratios, the Dragunov was deemed faster and more accurate in terms of execution and given the edge.
- During the weapons introduction as the IRA's long range weapon, the HK G36 is paired with the weapon information, not the G3